Research demonstrates the positive impact hypnosis and mindfulness have on academic performance.
· A 2015 study conducted by the University of Louisville showed that mindfulness is beneficial in the educational context because it reduces anxiety and improves high-stakes test scores.
· A 2016 study by Seton Hall University showed mindfulness has positive effects on recognition memory and improves test-taking memory.
· A study conducted at the University of Bergen (Norway) in 2016 found that mindfulness reduces evaluation (test/exam) anxiety and improves self-confidence in test-taking bachelor’s and master’s students.
· A study conducted by the University of Minnesota in 2011 found that student GPA’s increased significantly after being taught self-hypnosis for better learning skills.
· A Meta-Analysis (as study of studies) published in School Psychology International found that individuals who practiced strategies to reduce test-taking anxiety did 74 percent better than those who did not try to reduce their test anxiety.
These recent studies support with I’ve experienced in working with students of all ages who’ve been taught mindfulness techniques and undergone hypnosis to improve their study habits and learning skills, increase their confidence, better their memory, reduce their test-taking anxiety, and learn how to relax while preparing for a test or exam.
High school students (and their parents) have told me their test scores improved and they felt more relaxed during exams after they underwent hypnosis; college students learned mindfulness techniques and self-hypnosis that helped them prepare their thesis defense, and they later reported how confident they felt sitting for it; I’ve worked with numerous adult students in the medical field who learned self-hypnosis to help them study for their state boards, and other adult learners have come in for hypnosis to increase their confidence before promotional interviews and evaluations.
Hypnosis colleagues from around the country have shared similar success stories; and we all agree that our client’s success is our success. We, at New Jersey Hypnosis Training, are honored that our clients put their trust in us to help them improve all aspects of their academic performance.