As reported in a September 2018 article in Entrepreneur magazine, there are numerous science-backed ways hypnosis helps entrepreneurs succeed. These include:
1) It relaxes you enough to pause on obsessing about your problems. The body’s stress response is triggered many times in the business environment, which leads to increased release of stress hormones. According to the Cleveland Clinic, hypnosis can bypass the stress you’re feeling which means less or no release of those hormones. Stress is significantly reduced or eliminated, allowing you to approach problems from a different mindset.
2) You can finally sleep like you’ve been dreaming about. According to a Swiss research team, people who used hypnosis to help them sleep experienced 80 percent more time in deep sleep. Deep sleep strengthens memory, fortifies your immune system, and restores your energy; these are all vital components in helping people perform at their best.
3) Hypnosis eliminates pesky negative thoughts that keep you stuck. On average, we have 50,000 thoughts a day; many of them are negative. Used by many athletes, hypnosis can give the business person the same competitive advantage by eliminating negative thoughts. Additionally, hypnosis allows you to see the outcome you desire and then act as if it’s already happened.
4) It can improve your mental health. Hypnosis helps to rewire neuro pathways, shifting attention away from unfocused, depressive, or anxiety-ridden thoughts towards happier, more positive outcomes. It’s been said that anxiety and stress are forms of negative self-hypnosis, hypnosis helps the brain rewire itself towards positive self-hypnosis instead.
5) Hypnosis helps you confront fear. Hypnosis can help inhibit fear pathways in the brain through positive suggestion and visualization. One of the hallmarks of a successful business person is the willingness to try new things that others won’t so you can get the results that others can’t achieve. Hypnosis helps you tackle new things with a positive outcome in mind.